Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 03:19 AM   #124
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvschneider View Post
Thanks, I'm going back out tomorrow so I'll take another look. I'm pretty sure there wasn't another relay box anywhere in the engine compartment, at least not when looking from above. I checked one of the fuse holders and it was fine but forgot to check the other (got in a hurry) so I'll do that tomorrow. Not sure what a BCC is, but I just assumed that since the RV has an AUX start switch in the cab that it should also have a BIRD, but I'm just going off of what I read online...
Your Four Winds is over 2 years old so it either has a BIRD or Battery Control Center (BCC) which perform the same function. If your system worked and now does not, then it was installed correctly. Both BIRDs and Trombettas have been reported as bad in this forum, so it could be either, if the fuses and wiring are OK. Since it seems to work from the alternator to the Coach batteries this lessens but didn’t not eliminate the chance that it is the Trombetta. I would look at the fuses, the wiring and check the BIRD first. Good luck. These electrical problems can be very frustrating. It took me two weeks to figure out that Thor had miswired the BIRD at the factory.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum