Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #2721
werbrichfamily

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Delaware
THOR #8127
steering stabilizer and rear trac bar

I assume the rear trac bar that was installed was a Blue Ox as the steering stabilizer was also Blue Ox and the service manager said they were all trained in Blue Ox installations. When looking at the installation description, they had to relocate the parking brake cable mount on the passenger side to allow for new sway bar mounting bolts and spacer plate. Cost was $442 installed.

When talking to service manager, I explained the problem of the "tail wagging the dog" and sway. He suggested that we go with the rear trac bar first and try that. If it wasn't handling as I wanted, we could go back and place the sway bar on. The sway bar installation was more expensive than the trac bar.

The steering stabilizer cost me $1523 installed and the alignment $238. I decided that, after reading all the helpful posts on this forum, I was comfortable doing these mods to our Windsport. Even though I only drove it home since installation, I can really tell the difference and glad we went that way with the rear trac bar and steering stabilizer. Hope that helps...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum