Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #2
M&M_MURPHYS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Quantum
State: California
THOR #9015
Cooktop Vent

We too were surprised to learn our 2017 Quantum had no fan over the cooktop. I cannot answer your question, but we did have a fan added over the cooktop. It was under 400 dollars installed.

It does not completely solve the problem with the smoke alarm going off but it helps. Bacon seems to set it off no mater what.

One thing I do that also helps it to crack the window by the cooktop and turn on the power vent in the back of our rig while cooking. The power vent in back is at the opposite end of the RV compared to the smoke detector. The air moving to the back of the rig and away from the smoke detector helps keep it from going off. If you have a powered fan that can draw air away from the smoke detector that may help.

I am still considering unplugging the existing smoke alarm and replacing it with a non wired unit that runs off battery. The one I got for our house has a 7 year battery life. This way I can install it in a location a bit further from the cooktop. Our current detector is very close to the range which is also part of the problem.

Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum