Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 02:11 AM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtymer View Post
I have a 2017 Thor Outlaw 29H and I have been researching TPMS for this coach. I have a couple of questions for TPMS users.

1. Has anyone used a TPMS sensor only on the outside tire of your dually set and, if so, can you reasonable tell from the pressure and temperature if the inside tire is loosing pressure? The theory being when the inside tire pressure goes down, the pressure and temperature of the outside tire will go up.
I would recommend sensors for each dually tire (assuming something like 'crossfire' isn't installed)... First I find my inner tires run hotter, and second you aren't just looking for low pressure - high pressure/temp warnings can prevent a blowout...
For the price of two extra sensors might as well have complete coverage.

Quote:
2. For those with tire pressure sensors on their Toads, have you changed out the rubber tire stem to rigid? If not, have you had any issues with the rubber stem fatiguing or breaking? I tow a pickup and a trailer, at different times, and both have rubber stems on their tires. I am wondering if I need to have all the tire stems upgraded to rigid or what I have will work.
I haven't changed stems on toad and no issues.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum