Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 08:01 PM   #17
bharrisv65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Good to hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
That looks very similar to the awning we have on our Axis. So far so good for us: have had it extended in the rain (tilted) without issue; I'll have to pay more attention now when it rains.
Glad you haven't had any issue with yours. Mine and Scube's may have just been an anomaly, or maybe we just had a bad luck incident. I swear if I'd have had any idea it would have rained that day, I would've run it in but it was sunny and clear, just happened to get that light shower in the afternoon.

Based off what some of the ones said, mentioning how to test the sensor, I believe it might have retracted when it started moving due to the water weight. You'd think with today's technology (and there may be one, I'll research it), they would make a sensor that would detect wind and if the awning started moving due to weight and it wasn't being retracted. If there isn't one, maybe I'll invent it and make a million selling it, haha!

Pete'sMH - you and I think alike! I'd rather not file a claim unless it's major but I also KNOW what kind of job I'll do and I bet as good but likely BETTER than the dealer would. At least I'll KNOW it's done right, for sure!

Good luck!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum