Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 11:59 PM   #20
bharrisv65

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37YT
State: Tennessee
THOR #10421
Fixed the awning today!

Awning arms came in a day early so a friend and I installed them and got the awning back working today. Pretty easy task, hardest part was putting the fabric back in the channel while 1/2 of the drum and fabric assembly hung off the back of the MH and moving it as we put the fabric back in the channel, but overall even that wasn't bad. Probably took us about 90 minutes total, most of that just taking our time ensuring everything was in place and done correctly.

On a side note, Scubes3 mentioned in an earlier post that his only had one bolt at the bottom of the arms. One side of mine had two screws at the top and two at the bottom about 3 inches apart. The arm with the motor head had two screws at top, same spacing and only one at the bottom. According to the installation instructions by Carefree, the awning can be mounted this way, it's what they call an "OEM" mount but I added two more screws in the middle of both arms just for support and peace of mind. I guess when the Thor builders were mounting the awning, they didn't feel the Carefree engineers knew what they were talking about, since they only put one screw at the bottom of one arm, rather than two.....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.