Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 01:22 AM   #12
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
Gennys are standard on Class C's too. For some reason Thor put in 12V TVs in some. Most likely differs depending on the year of the coach and model of TV used.

Maybe they did it for boondocking so you don't have to run a genny?

On mine, the TV originally came with a 120VAC adapter which has a 12V output that goes to the TV. They simply threw out the 120VAC adapter and wired the TV directly to 12V.

I wanted to replace the TV, but keep the 12V operation (because they did not wire 120VAC to the area). I found nost of the TVs that can be modified (that have adapters) are 120VAC to 17VDC for some strange reason. I did find a couple of 12VDC TVs but they were smaller screens.

Of course, not all TV's have a AC/DC adapter, but have 120VAC wired directly into the back of the TV. But there are a lot of them that have AC/DC adapters, especially the smaller sized ones.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum