Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 05:56 PM   #27
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip 500 View Post
Welcome to the forum GMtech!

I will watch with interest your posts I the future. I used to be a gm tech in the 70's. I still remember all the loose nuts and bolts they used to throw in the back seat! We purchased a Thor Chateau 24f a couple of months ago. Mechanically it is sound but the cosmetic fit and finish is horrible. We love the layout, wish a little more attention was paid to detail.

Again, welcome
Reading that just gave me a mental image of the roads leading out of the Thor assembly plant!!! When we picked up our Vegas, I drove it back and my wife followed closely behind in her car. (Which happens to be a CTS-V Wagon, a car that would be very hard to replace, not to mention my amazing wife of 35 years behind the wheel!) When we got home I noticed the heat shield above the tailpipe looked like it was hanging down. Yep, it was about to fall off. A big piece of sheet metal just barely sitting on the edge of the frame, I kicked it and it crashed to the ground! Thankfully it didn't fall off and end up in my wife's windshield!

Since then I've found a few dozen random screws and fasteners sitting on frame rails, under the hood, on top of the slide outs and tons in the interior of course. So the vision I had was of the road leading out of the assembly plant, lined with screws, staples, random parts and probably a few tools they left under them too! The lesson learned? DO NOT FOLLOW A THOR TOO CLOSELY!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.