Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 02:30 AM   #4
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Progress Report 2

Amazon got the shipping address wrong so the materials won't be in until tomorrow.

Today I disassembled the engine cover (removed the cup holder tray) and it was interesting what I found.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Disassembled engine cover.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	432

There is a 1/4 inch piece of plywood acting as a spacer. The plywood was screwed to the engine cover with 2 screws (one is visible and the hole for the other is approx. 4 inches to the left). Since the plywood was secured in an area where the engine cover changes contour (ridge running from left to right) the two screw locations caused the plywood to act as a fulcrum. After doing the inside of the engine cover I will see about placing some Dynamat between the cup holder tray and the engine cover for cushioning.

I did go to my local home improvement center and bought the rubber washers I plan on using for the screws mounting the engine cover to the floor. The rubber washers should minimize any potential noise transference through vibration

Also, I began looking at the driver's and passenger's floor pans. The passenger's side floor pan is approximately 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick. Since the bulk of this thickness is insulation I believe adding some Dynamat extreme sound deadening is all that is warranted in this location.

The driver's side is another issue.

Name:	Drivers side floor pan.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	433

Name:	Drivers side floor pan 2.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	434

The area immediately below the driver's seat is the same thickness and composition as the passenger's side. The area under and to the front of the driver's feet is 1/4 inch plywood resting on a 1/8 inch steel plate. This area is going to require some serious attention.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum