Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 08:32 PM   #10
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
I'll follow this with interest. I'm itching to get back up to Williamsburg some day and take my family.

I lived there back in my bachelor days, in the early 1990's..... many years before I ever dreamed of being an RV'er...so I really wasn't paying attention to RV concerns back then. It was so long ago that everything surely has changed by now. I know that when i went back for a 1 night business visit maybe 15 years ago it had already changed so much where I lived that i barely recognized it.

I rented a condo about 1,400 feet from Anvil RV park, as the crow flies....
I lived there 4 years and had a free resident pass. I was single and had nothing but time on my hands, used to ride my bike down to the colonial district all the time.... and in 4 years I still don't think I saw everything in that area!

I researched it a couple years back, thinking I'd make a trip up there....never happened sadly. I was disappointed to find that there were no RV parks within walking distance of the colonial district. If there was, you probably wouldn't have a lot of need for a car since they used to at least have a very good bus system for the tourists. Anvil would be just over 3 miles from the visitor's center or the colonial district. I think that's the closest.

You might check...maybe the buses run out that way...or to the other RV parks

As I understand it from a friend that still lives up there, who also now has an RV, Newport News Park is probably the best camping experience nearby, but it's a fair hike to williamsburg.... not bad with a car though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum