Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
(Figured I'd split my reply since the pics are big.)

Here's why I said to ditch the Thor wiring and start from scratch...

Lol. Not.

The wiring that Thor does is horrific. It's a joke. It's actually criminal, I wonder how many motorhome fires have been caused by this kind of poor workmanship and assembly? The Molex connectors are so poorly crimped that I've found 3 different wires falling out of 3 different connectors already. I'll be cutting every one of those connectors out that I can find and soldering/shrink tubing the wires directly myself. The last picture is of the wiring and extra "parts" I've taken off just the front end! After I'm all done cleaning up this Vegas I'm going to take pictures of the pile of cr@p I took off of it! The money they're wasting in copper is stupid, so much unnecessary cabling caused simply by poor routing. I've got probably 15 feet of harness shielding left over from just cleaning up the front lights/windshield wiper and battery cables.

It's truly amazing how badly these are put together. If this is what America is turning into, we're screwed. Seriously.

edit- Just had another thought for you guys on the radio situation...
I'm putting a Windows PC in my Vegas dash. I know that's a little too involved for most, but the other part of my install will of course be a stereo system. I'll use the PC for the music files and program, with a DAC for the output. The interesting part is I'm actually considering not using car audio equipment at all. I'll thinking about using a home stereo receiver/amp and literally using home stereo speakers also. It's a "home", why not? Plus there's clean 110 from my inverter right in the dash anyway. I'll keep you guys posted on what I come up with. I just looked around a little bit, this is one that I found so far that looked like it might work...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777B3TYQ...v_ov_lig_dp_it

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.