Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #10
gmtech16450yz

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: California
THOR #10907
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
You can also just upload the pics to the forums here and the forums will resize the images before storing them.

Question: What else do you plan on using the Windows PC for? Seems a bit overkill for just playing tunes on while going down the road (says the guy who has wanted to put a PC in the dash for a while now LOL).

I picked up a Windows tablet to put on the dash (for navigation--it has a GPS--engine parameter display (Forscan), TPMS monitoring, and tank monitoring). Turns out I can accomplish all of that a bit easier with an android tablet instead of a Windows one..so just ordered an Android tablet for the dash (the Windows tablet will be repurposed as a "camper PC" for general use).
Legit question. Watch my video and it will make more sense. A big part of what I use onboard PC's for is engine tuning and logging. I'll be logging the engine 90% of the time I'm driving. I'll also use it for nav, xm, basic internet stuff, texts and emails, and anything else I might need it for in addition to music. Silly little things like I'll probably get a USB wind meter (anemometer) so I can tell how much headwind or tailwind we're driving in. I made an old mechanical one decades ago for our Tioga and it was really cool to have.

Watch the video...

https://youtu.be/2q9BuzNRc3Q

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum