Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 01:35 AM   #6
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmcclintock View Post
Look for help. I recently purchased a Roadmaster All Terrain Two Bar and had a local RV Company do the wiring of my jeep. This is the problem I have and I am wondering if someone might have run across this before and can help me.

When I connect the jeep to the motorcoach's seven pin connector, everything works. All lights, signals, emergency flashers and break lights. When I turn on the headlights of the Coach, the running lights of the jeep also come on. This is where the problem comes in: When the lights are on for the coach, the running lights do come on, but the back right tail light looks like the break light is on all the time. It is brighter than the left tail light. When I hit the break of the coach, both break lights look as if they are own (the right tail light never changes, it is alway bright as if the breaks were on). Let off the break and the left light dims, but the right light remains bright.

In addition to the above, when the coach lights are on, and the jeep running lights are on, the right blinker will not blink. Turn the lights off and the right blinker will blink and the bread lights work fine.

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be wrong. I have contacted the company who installed the tow bar and did the wiring, but they will not return my call, so I am left with trying to figure this out on my on. This has been going own since August 2017. I may just have to break down and take it to someone else. Hoping to find someone who might know what the problem is an do it myself.

Anyway, I have a 2015 Thor ACE 29.2 and a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Sport JKU. Like I said, I can drive it during the day just fine. But If I have to drive it at night then the right blinker will not function.

I know this may be a little confusing but I hope you understand the point I am trying to make.
Was there a particular wiring harness/light kit used?
Would be separate from towbar...

Sounds like the taillight wire is also connected to right brake light... Which would explain both the brightness and turn signal not working when running lights are on (turn uses same bulb as brake and it's already on...)

Likely issue is at on of the ends... Socket on back of RV, plug that plugs into RV, or in taillight fixture.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum