Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 11:00 PM   #45
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I asked this similar question a while back, but rather about SOLAR, versus Alternator, though the two certainly would be best together. Doing away with huge onboard generators, I think, is in the future.

If you offset the cost, weight, and storage area of a generator, not to mention the ongoing maintenance since it is an 'engine', you have a LOT of room for more/larger inverters, alternators, and batteries... though, admittedly, you would probable still want an 'optional' smaller, maybe even 'portable', generator just to charge the batteries when parked and weather conditions aren't optimal for solar.

For the solar part, I want to know why someone hasn't produced a light weight roll-out awning array. When parked, an awning provides shade, but is also another huge sqft area for solar. The roof is limiting for solar, so finding other avenues is important moving forward.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum