Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
Captainscott32

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ohio
THOR #9446
Perplexing Furnace Issue

Hello All,

I have a 2010 Thor Freedom Elite 21C. Standard Atwood furnace.

Here is my issue:
I purchased the unit last fall in superb shape. As the unit was from the southwest, the furnace got very little if any use. The propane in the tank could be from some time ago as well as the unit itself was very lightly used.

local temperatures have been between 30 and 45 while I have been doing some projects.

I Start the furnace for the day and it fires up immediately. It will run without a hiccup for about an hour. Then the unit will cycle through the start sequence (multiple clicking) 3 times, fail to light and shut down as prescribed by the safety manual. It will not light for the rest of the day.

The next day, it will light immediately, run fine for about an hour and then fail. I have repeated this scenario at least 8-10 times this winter.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I am quite perplexed. Do any of you more experienced folks have any thoughts?

Much appreciation!
Scott Ross

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum