Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 02:29 PM   #51
DBAston

State: Arkansas
THOR #8505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeyenole View Post
We picked up our 2018 Aria 3901 two weeks ago and left on a 2000 mile, 12 day shakedown trip from Ocala to Pittsburgh and back via Mammoth Cave National Park. We returned last night. Lots, and I mean LOTS, of problems. The 360 HP engine functioned perfectly, as did the generator and two toilets. That's the important stuff. But just about everything else didn't work or failed along the way. You name it, and it broke. We love the design and will drop it off at Camping World (where we bought it) next week with a four page typed list of things that didn't work part of the time or all of the time. All minor stuff (I hope) but a shakedown trip is highly recommended. Examples of problems: No hot water since the hot water heater would not work with either LP gas or electric. The Nuwave stove top worked at times and froze up at times. We had to reset the breaker to get it to unfreeze. The jack leveling system broke and we quit using it. A hydraulic fluid leak somewhere. We went through a lot of rain and there was a leak running somewhere along the floor (one time) and ALL of the bays got very wet inside. The tilt bed was a nightmare but that may be because there were no instructions on how to operate it. We had a terrible time each day trying to get the bedroom slideout to operate due to the tilt bed not letting it move. Water hose to the kitchen sink crimped so no water. No water to the ice maker and that is probably another crimp. No vent hose to the dryer. I jury rigged a vent. None of the televisions received cable. The 55 inch TV lift system broke when one of the stop rings became unattached. The black tank indicator went between 33 percent full to full constantly. City water fill to water tank not working. We had to manually fill it. Ever so often, even on 50 amp service, something would blow and we would lose most of the electric to the coach (if not all), and then eventually, it would come back on so that appears to be an Inverter problem. The breakers never tripped. There is an overload safeguard I think to the Inverter I think and we may need a more powerful inverter. There's more but that is the basic big stuff. I'll stop here and let everyone know how the result of the repairs. Hopefully, all of these repairs can be executed quickly and efficiently. [emoji144]
Wow! Your list makes mine seem short. Hang in there. You're not alone.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.