Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 04:57 AM   #12
SharkTank

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 37RB
State: Washington
THOR #7789
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrhugh View Post
Our Compass 23TR suffered house battery failure when new. That’s when I realized how lacking detailed electrical documentation is from Thor. In their defense, Thor customer service provided engineering drawings in PDF format that I used to make my own wiring schematic. These drawings also showed locations of transfer switch, ignition relay, use/store latching relay, 50 amp main 12V CB, E Start solenoid, & Isolator Relay delay module. Using drawings along with vendor information of the equipment provided enough information to complete my drawing. I have an electrical control systems background and it still took awhile before I understood how my Compass electrical worked. The isolator relay delay module & use/store mechanical latching relay is where the magic happens.
Keep searching and you’ll find the problem. With any trouble shooting, start at one end and work your way back.
Looking at my Compass system if I had your symptoms it would be the use/store relay or the 50A circuit breaker from the house battery.
Good luck,
Hugh
Agreed, the documentation is not great, to say the least. That is one of the reasons why I'm looking at working on this myself, in order to gain more knowledge of the system. That kind of knowledge can be really useful on the road.

Thanks for the input, that's good confirmation of what to look at next.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.