Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Ceiling Lights
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 01:34 PM   #10
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Pops R - my service was my honor and thank you.

As for the lights, our rig is 2015 and we've spent lots of time and miles living/traveling in our coach with 3-5 of our grandkids. Each year we will average 8-9 months per year with over 2 months spent boondocking in Key West. We have over 38k miles on our coach. This is meant as background to say our coach is used a great deal. So having a couple of light needing to be replaced is just a part of it. I have repaired the flickering light a couple of different ways, but the most recent method probably the best.

The first time/method I got bought a light from Total RV took it apart and used the lighting element for the old fixture. I simply removed the in ceiling light (3 screws), cut the black and white leads, used wire nuts to join the leads and put the light back.

The second time/method I again bought the light from Total RV and simply replaced the entire fixture (it is almost identical). The fastener pattern is identical so it was - simply cut the leads, wire nut the leads back together and install the light fixture.

It was curious to me that both the lights would come back on when I pushed the lights up, stay on for a few seconds and then flicker off. I believe the small chip that is on the back of the LEDs simply fails. Haven't tested this with a multimeter - so it is just a guess.

The folks at Total RV Parts department are great to work with. If you call them, have your VIN handy. They will look up the part you need based on your VIN, check their inventory, check with Thor for their inventory if necessary and then ship the part to you. If you're interested their number is (574) 262-4460.

Hope this helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum