Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 01:12 AM   #12
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Progress Report 4

No issues with the Dynamat going over the existing insulation so I continued.

I first began by remounting the piece of plywood that serves as the mounting surface for the cup holder tray. Instead of using the two wood screws that Thor used I purchased some 8 x 24 stainless steel pan head screws along with ss washers and ss nylock nuts. I then mounted the plywood to the engine cover using 4 mounting points rather than Thor's 2. The plywood is now secure and does not act like a fulcrum.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Plywood Installed on Cover.jpg
Views:	456
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	445

Next I began installing the Dynamat acoustic hood liner.

Name:	Hoodliner being Installed.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	446

After the hood liner was cut to fit and installed I taped all of the seams with Dynamat foil tape and this completed the hood liner installation.

Name:	Hood Liner finished.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	447.

The hardest part of the project was locating the screws holes to reinstall the engine cover. I did install rubber washers between the mounting screw flat washers and the engine cover to reduce any vibration related noise from this mounting point. I also used some Dynamat Extreme sound deadening mat on the plywood before reinstalling the cup holder tray.

Name:	Mat on Plywood.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	448

After the installation I did another sound check.

Beginning idle = 65 db
Current idle = 58 db
Reduction of noise at idle 10 percent

Beginning 1750 RPM = 75 db
Current 1750 RPM = 66 db
Reduction of noise at 1750 RPM = 12 percent

I must say I'm impressed with the Dynamat. I did not expect to get this level of noise reduction from the engine cover only. My next project will be to tackle the drivers floor pan and under the front part of the dash. Since I only ordered one sheet of the hood liner and I still have seven sheets of the Dynamat Extreme I believe I will check the results with the extreme before ordering more hood liner.

More to follow as time permits and other projects (e.g. install the missing bulb seal etc...) allow.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum