Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #1
Bogie

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Illinois
THOR #10965
Towing Motorcycle - Class C

OK, so towing appears to be about as complicated, and has as many different options, as buying an RV.

So I just purchased a Class C 2014 Four Winds (22E) and figured for longer trips I would like to bring my motorcycle with. The wife can't do long trips on the motorcycle so I figure it is best of both worlds. Drive to where we want to go, camp, and see some new sites on the bike.

Problem is there are about 6 million options: electric brakes, surge brakes, enclosed, flatbed, tires, suspension, v-nose, etc. As well as smaller trailers that are more in my budget and easily stored, but not sure they are safe to pull behind an RV (Stinger, Kendon, and the like).

I've gone to every website I could find, asked around some motorcycle forums and done a lot of googling. Most people say enclosed is the only way to go, but since my wife is disabled, I'll have to be able to do everything myself.

What I do know is that with the Class C, lifts are out.

Anyone else out there towing a motorcycle and got some advice? My worry is with the enclosed trailer I won't really be able to see it behind me and it will be too heavy to manually maneuver around a campsite.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.