Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 12:42 AM   #18
kwilliams

Model: Miramar
State: Arkansas
THOR #5754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
I had an interesting CW experience today that showed me that not all CWs are alike. We camped last night at Clarksville, TN. When we got ready to leave today, the entry step was retracted. I started the motor and the step extended. No matter what I did or how I positioned the entry step switch, the step retracted when the ignition was turned off and extended when the ignition was on. I decided to drive with it out until I got to Nashville, where I knew there was a Camping World. My wife was watching out the mirror as we drove down the highway and noticed that sometimes the step was out and sometimes it was retracted. I got to CW in Nashville and went into the service and explained that I was traveling through town, what my problem was and asked if they could maybe look at it. They said since I didn't have an appointment, I would have to make an appointment before they could even look at it and the next appointment was in May. I didn't want to sit in their parking lot for two months, so I went on. When I got to Chattanooga, I stopped at the Chattanooga CW and explained the situation. They took it right in, gave us a ride to their store/RV sales building about a quarter mile away, and an hour later we were fixed with a new step controller and back on the road. Everyone there was pleasant, helpful, and very courteous. Best of all, though, they got my problem fixed. This was a very good experience.

I’m from the Nashville area where I’m 30 min from CW; however I drive 3 hours to Chattanooga CW because of their excellent service. Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.