Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 03:22 AM   #5
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Hello Paul & Tatyana,

WOW!! Thank you for the incredibly detailed review of your experiences so far!

Our dealer states they are doing a complete 180 point pre-delivery inspection, but after looking around the internet, I'm concerned that an inspection such as that might not "catch" all the things that possibly need attention and/or repairs.

I'm trying to stay positive here, as this is a HUGE step, both money- and lifestyle-wise for us. As I mentioned, we are excited...but then those moments of excitement soon lead to moments of sheer terror that we are going to have to be "nickel & dime-ing" our way down the road.

We do appreciate the specific information about the alignment and tire pressure issues....very important to know this! We will address this with the person(s) who will be doing the walk-through with us....if nothing else but ASKING about these issues.

And the information about the cabinet doors, the sway control, water valves, etc. are of immense help so we can know how to deal with these on our coach.

We are only about 90 minutes away from the dealer, so hopefully any things that need to be addressed after we take possession can be handled locally.

We hope you continue to enjoy your Hurricane, and that your problems are few or non-existent!

That's great that you're going to do a road trip! We are planning one ourselves in mid Sept, and are going to Mt. Rushmore as well! But right now all our reservations are at hotels and lodges - made these plans months ago before we decided to take the RV plunge. We're still undecided if we will take the Hurricane on this trip - we need to be comfortable with it first!

And you will LOVE the Grand Canyon - have been there several times (once in a campground with our tiny 16' trailer back in the '80s and other times in hotels). The Grand Canyon is simply stunning!

By the way, we live in southeastern Arizona, near Tucson. We are about 6 hours south of GC, but if you decide to come that far south, and depending on when you visit, be sure to contact us! I'll PM you with our phone number.

Thank you again for all the very helpful information!

Eileen

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum