Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Palazzo 33.3
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #6
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
if 'his' lips were moving....

I hesitate when I hear people say "...some said", or "I heard that...", but without real world experience in what they are actually talking about. Those of us Palazzo owners truly understand the value and benefits that a 'compact diesel' bring to us, and the market, for owners who 'want it all', but not at the extreme 40-45' lengths of the longer units.

Palazzos, like many units from all sorts of manufacturers, suffered from an early 2013-14 initial engineering and build issue with Schwintec electric motor slide room mechanicals. Some had more issues than others, and like ours, we've had the warranty repairs to go with it, BUT, once defined and fixed, they are performing just as well as any other system. Don't let something like this concern you, since it's not a deal breaker, especially on the newer units. Winnebago, Fleetwood, Coachmen, Forest River, Tiffin, and most any manufacturer, ClassA, C, Fifths, and trailers all suffered.
Our main full wall slide has performed flawlessly for many, many thousands of miles - that's a LOT of in and outs.

Find a good deal, and go get it. Stay several nights at the dealer - use all the systems, the generator, and get to know it as much as possible. Take if for a test drive, for good distances, each day. Use the leveling system, get to know the air brakes, air bags, exhaust brake, etc. Use the 50a Shore Power, then go 'off grid' for one night, learning to understand the generator, Inverter, and the Magnum AGS system to automatically start the generator to recharge the batteries. Do as much as long as you can before you ever leave the dealership.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.