Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 03:32 PM   #44
roadhog

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Missouri
THOR #1971
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
I tow with the Master Tow 80THD with surge brakes. I have had no issues with the brakes on the dolly and you can feel them engage when descending steep grades in the Virginia mountains.

My last trip, however, I did not tow and used the Enterprise rental option instead. Worked so well I am now evaluating when to rent and when to tow.
The rental is what we are leaning towards as well. We have a son half way across the country so not towing is definitely preferable as our trips are longish. Buying the Axis was also partially because is it a more handy vehicle to get to places than a bigger rig.

However some places are just not available without something smaller. We did Glacier NP last year while traveling with truck and trailer. Loved "Going to the Sun" road. Met another pickup and our mirrors cleared by about an inch or two. We parked the trailer in Great Falls and made a day trip out of the park. Will definitely want to go back. Beautiful place!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.