Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 03:57 PM   #7
Beacher

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEHetzer View Post
2. When I purchased the RV, I assumed that they would have varified that the tires were inflated to a pressure recommend by Thor. ....
I resemble that remark!

I took possession of my shiny new Hurricane 34E in Melbourne, FL, and didn't realize that the tires were drastically underinflated until I reached Tallahasse, FL on our way home to CA.

My first impression was that the handling was significantly much worse than I remember during the test drive at the RV show just a month earlier!

Being that it was my third gasser, (1st Fleetwood Pace Arrow, 2nd Winnebago Vista), and an "entry level" model at that, I just figured it was the F53 chassis for this size/weight configuration.

Lo and behold that when I went to refuel in Tallahasse, there happened to be a really accessible air hose at the station. I pulled up to the air hose and checked my tire pressure for the first time! Let's just say that each tire was at least 30psi underinflated.

The rest of the way home was a joy!! The 35 footer handled like a sports car* the rest of the way home.

*Note: I do not legally endorse deflating your motorhome tires and driving at highway speeds. to "try this at home". However, you will experience profound appreciation for the fine engineering and design of the F53 chassis by Ford and Thor's utilization of it, once you have driven hundreds of miles with severely deflated tires.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum