Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 04:10 PM   #8
neeliec

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
The Mt. Rushmore KOA is an excellent campground to stay at (especially if you have any kids--still a good campground without the youngins). Its only a few miles down from the monument (and I think it even has a bus service that takes you there).

We've stayed there a couple of times, the last time was a few years ago, however. Looks like its still a decent campground given the reviews on rvparkreviews:
Mount Rushmore KOA - Hill City, SD - RV Park Reviews
Hello JamieGeek,

Thanks for the info on the Mt. Rushmore KOA! We are still deciding if we are going to make this trip with the new RV. I think it would be fun. But we're still feeling boggled just from buying the coach.

I appreciate the info. My next big project will be to go town by town on our planned itinerary to see whether there are RV parks close to the places we want to visit. If I can get everything lined up okay, we may just cancel to hotels and reserve campsites!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum