Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 01:13 AM   #3
aa9zz

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
We lost the water pump 1500 miles into a 3000 mile trip this month. Since our unit is still under warranty it should be covered. Thor sent me to a shop very near my breakdown location in Southwest Texas. The shop showed me shavings from drilling the input and output holes into the freshwater tank.

They said they were inside the pump and filled the line going onto the pump. I had just emptied old fresh water into the black and gray tanks so help clean them before dumping. I think the shavings usually float but since I had used the pump to empty the fresh water tank the shavings entered the pump as the water emptied.

I am sure there are till shavings in the tank but as long as you don;t empty the freshwater by using the pump it should not cause a problem. There is a filter for water entering the tank, as noted by another poster but no filter for water leaving th tank through the pump.

The shavings were the same color as the freshwater tank and were obviously from drilling the input/output holes. I have a handful that the shop saved to show me.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum