Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #9
steve76

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
I have a Class C 24 ft. E350. Added Safe T Plus and had alignment. Did help a little but still "floats" feeling steering. In next 2 weeks having a Trac Bar installed and will see if that helps. Played with tire pressures and makes not much difference but rears running 65 and fronts. Lots of tweaking with pressures feel it's best at that for me. I had it weighed at CAT scales and of course 57% weight is on rear axle which I feel makes front light and float. If Trac Bar doesn't make a noticeable difference, next mod for me will be set of air springs in the rear. As far as sway, I don't think a rear sway bar will make much difference on mine as I feel that the float problem is not sway as much as more a "shift" from side to side in rear with the chassis being leaf spring relation to axle which Trac bar should hold more solid to each other. Will keep posted for results once job is done. 57% total weight on rear is a lot but that's how they build them. Thor buys the stripped chassis and does no modifications when they put all that weight on them which in my opinion they should do as I would pay for the correct mods to handle the load when purchased. They say boats are a hole in the water you through money into, WELL, then R.V.'s seem to be a hole in the highway you through money into. Trying to get it right is a mystery and frustrating not to mention expensive but safe handling is imperative to driving and as far as driving experience, I'm retired fire captain but spent years as an engineer in big CA. bay area city driving engines and trucks and attended big rig driving courses and schools through lot's of situations, speeds and congested traffic and have never driven something as squirrely as my little Class C. As far as speed on highway 62-65 is about as fast as I feel somewhat capable to handle in emergency situation with my rig. I would like to see someone drive one of Thor's rigs through a high speed lane change serpentine course. Bet they don't when they build them and most likely would roll over.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum