Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 06:41 PM   #14
steve76

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
jabrabu: Thanks for the alignment numbers, where did you get them for reference or did you have those done on your rig? As far as your mods, I think you're on the right track for pretty much thorough suspension improvements. My E350 Chassis is 158" wheel base and I'm assuming your rig is the E450 Chassis which is beefier than mine. Is yours longer wheel base than 158"? I know per internet Ford does make E450 Chassis with hundred and seventy "something" inch wheel base. Have you had your axles weighed separately on CAT scale? I'd be interested to know what your front to rear ratio is. Speaking from what I've learned in my driving fire trucks and engines career, closer to 50% front to rear, "usually" better handling as more balanced weights which would improve steering. I've read and watched couple videos from Henderson's in Oregon who specializes in M.H. suspension mods, that they've actually had to "add" hundreds pounds of steel weights to front of some M.H.'s to improve steering. Don't know how they do that but guess would be possible on some maybe some diesel pushers due to the very heavy engine in rear plus larger holding tanks etc. If you have weighed or plan to weigh yours, I'd appreciate to see what the axle weight ratios turn out to be. I didn't weigh mine with "full" tanks but figure for my rig with full potable water/40 gals. and maybe 10 gals. combined in my grey and black tank will increase the ratio even higher. Should have weighed mine with full potable water tank as it's just to rear of center of rig, effect some added weight front and rear. Best wishes. Stay safe.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum