Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 PM   #15
jwcorry

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #10300
We have a 30' ACE (F-53 chassis) that had all the handling issues endemic to this type MH. Installed Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer primarily for safety (e.g., tire blow out) reasons and then had a comprehensive alignment by a truck (vs. RV) shop. Handling was still an issue; therefore, I installed Roadmaster Front & Rear anti-sway bars (front replaces OEM with slightly larger -- rear supplements OEM), which resulted in considerable improvement as evidenced on 4400 mile round trip to CA during which I had no problems with side wind gusts nor passing semis (have to admit I was gaining additional experience with the MH along the way). Being anal, I next installed SumoSprings on the front (primarily to dampen rough ride) and SuperSprings on the rear. Handling is still not car-like but quite good now considering a 12' high, 30' long box doing 65 +/- MPH on poorly maintained interstates.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.