Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
Oldchief

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Axis 25.5 dash A/C not working

Anyone needed warranty repair on their Axis/Vegas dash A/C system? My question is, should I go to Ford or my RV dealer? I've read on some forums that others have been told by Ford dealers that, since Thor modifies the E450's A/C systems, to fit their motor homes, that it's up to RV dealers to repair. Others have been told by their RV dealers that its Ford's problem. Because its an 82 mile round trip to my RV dealer, I don't want to get in to the Ford/Thor hassle.
My problem:
Yesterday, while returning home to Florida from Charleston, SC, we noticed hot air coming from our A/C vents. Temp control was set all the way on cool but it continued to blow hot air. I put on the A/C compressor switch and reduced some of the hot air but couldn't over come it. Since it wasn't hot outside, we closed off the dash vents and opened our windows and continued home. As we drove, periodically, the hot air shut off and normal outside air was coming in thru the system. Then, after maybe 10 min., it would start blowing hot air again. Seems like the temp control valve, that controls the flow of hot radiator coolent, that creates the warm air, is turning off and on, even tho temp control is set on cool.
Anyone experienced this? If so, was if fixed by Ford dealer or your RV dealer?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.