Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 05:45 PM   #4
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrubjaysnest View Post
This will require physical inspection of the wiring. For safety don't do this while on shore power or the ginney is running. I'd start at the transfer switch although I would not expect it to switch the ground. The ground wires should be either green or bare copper. White is neutral and black is the hot wire.
Let us know what you find.
Our's has a common neutral buss near the water heater. Haven't looked at the transfer switch, but then we haven't had this problem.
Ok, so take all the drawers out, take the cover off the transfer switch and test the continuity on all the grounds: ALL GOOD. Test between the transfer GROUND and the GROUND from the breaker box: ALL GOOD. Test the ground connection to the outlet for the outside TV to Breaker Box GROUND: ALL GOOD. Test the ground on a GFI outlet: ALL GOOD.

Scratch my head, then it hits me, maybe the receptacle tester is bad...Get a NEW tester (fresh out of box) ALL GOOD. Try the other tester, shows OPEN GROUND. Guessing that the lamp on the GROUND indicator is burnt out. Well, at least, everytime I go crawling around the underbelly of our VEGAS I learn more about things....

Thanks for you guys being around for "moral support"...

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum