Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
Mo_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
I had tested with one of those plug in testers that have two yellow lamps and one red lamp. The lamps that are illuminated show what the status of the "plug" is. Two LIT YELLOW lamps show "correct", one center LIT YELLOW lamp shows "open ground". So on my defective tester (with apparently one yellow lamp not working) it appears I had an "open ground"

So, since I assumed that I had an open ground, I grabbed my trusty VOM meter and started testing resistance on my ground leads. I didn't actually go into the breaker panel, put tested the ground wires coming from shore power, the generator, the breaker box, and several receptacles which showed all ground wires were connected.

The ground wires from the transfer switch and the breaker box disappeared under the RV and apparently onto the common ground for the rv.

Does that help at all?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.