Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Opinions
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 06:31 PM   #5
JamJanTan

Brand: Still Looking
State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky49 View Post
If you are only do once a year do it at the end of the season and leave clean oil in the rig for the longest period of time. Old oil has all kinds of nasty stuff acids etc. that will rot and damage stuff if left indefinitely. No telling when the old guy is going in the hospital and the rig gets parked indefinitely. The same applies to old women. Best to always shut it down completely and clean. Airplanes are what I know best. So parking with clean coolant and oil is the best way to store a motorhome. This applies particularly in warmer climates because chemical reactions slow down in colder temps. Bad acids eat bearings!

Did my oil change in October when I parked my rig. Dug it out last weekend, first trip is April 1st. Today it is minus 20 C about -2 F outside.

Rocky

north of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

2014 Thor Freedom Elite 023H or U

Reg

Makes sense so my spring oil change just turned to a fall oil change

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.