Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 12:13 AM   #18
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
There are a lot of things we miss not having, that the 41 footer had, like all the interior space it had, plus virtually unlimited storage. Life is all about trade-offs, and for my wife, me and our small dog, we do fine in the small motorhome. With the DP, very little was spontaneous, even buying fuel for it, since with the car behind, I was a little over 60 feet, so I could only buy fuel at truck stops, so knowing where they are on our route was mandatory. The DP got about 6.5 MPG vs right around 17MPG with the little one, so from that standpoint alone, it’s quite a bit less expensive to use. It is as you say, much easier to drive and park, plus my wife will drive this one, she would not drive the DP. After eleven years in the DP, we really don’t do the long, months on end trips we used to, which was a good fit for the big rig, but for shorter trips, both mileage and time wise the little motorhome just seems to make more sense for us. If you have followed some of the threads I have been on, you know that I have done some major modifications to the Gemini, like an automatic satellite system, an inverter, an HWH auto leveling system, a second air conditioner/heat pump, and more. A lot of those items were on the DP, and we did want them on the Gemini, too, so we have set it up to suit us more.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.