Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 04:49 PM   #8
99dart

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampCaudill View Post
Hey All - I know, I know...there has been plenty of battery threads on this. Haven't been able to fully target the right answer though. Have a 2016 Hurricane with the electric fridge, not the gas. Running two 6 volt (non-AGM batteries). My question to the crew is should I just add two more non-AGM batteries to my current batteries or should I punt on the 6-volts and go with 4 AGM batteries. When dry camping, the inverter alarm goes off in the middle of the night forcing me to shut the power down. I put the fridge on low to conserve energy.

Thoughts?
We too are learning the longevity of our batteries. We a residential fridge also and two 6v didn't make it thru the night. We started turning off the power to fridge at night. Temps held pretty well overnight. It was only about 55-60 degrees outside tho. We have 4, 6v now that held pretty well doing two nights of dry camping.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.