Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #1
Stirul

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #11149
Challenger 37TB considering LifePo4 and better Inverter/Charger

I am waiting to take delivery on a new Challenger I and am considering my power options. I would appreciate opinions and recommendations considering what my goals/needs are.

My requirements/use: 6 person family on a multi-month trip 60% will have hookups with the rest being semi remote bits of peace or empty parking lot overnights. It has a generator, but don't want to run it for 4-5hrs at a time while lead acids float to full. I am looking at starting with two 12V 100ah lifepo4 drop in replacements from Starkpower https://starkpower.com/product/12-volt-100ah-battery and upgrading to a more robust inverter with a substantial charger like the Victron Multiplus 3000 https://starkpower.com/product/multi...verter-charger. Not knowing our daily power needs makes this difficult, but I would rather start this adventure off right. Also having tools, a house, and address to ship things to will make it easier. 200ah of mostly usable battery capacity with much faster charging from alternator, generator or shore power seems like a big bonus. Adding solar is phase 2 and will be added if I find it is needed.

RV Specs: Class A gas, 5500 Onan, Giant Residential Fridge (don't know the amp draw yet), 1500w Microwave, 1200w Induction Stove, Eaton 1800w True Sine Inverter, 2 6v Batteries (from manufacturer and assumed to be very low quality), Battery Charger is unknown, but from what I have read 5-6hrs on Gen to get up to 100%.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum