Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 01:55 AM   #2
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRODOC View Post
HELLO, WHILE BACKING UP ON OUR SIDE LOT, THE TERRAIN IS SOMEWHAT SLOPED SO WHEN I BACKED UP I NOTICED THE BOTTOM FOOT OR SO OF THE REAR LADDER HAD SNAPPED OFF, ALONG WITH THE 2 RODS HOLDING IT DOWN, YIKES, IS THIS COVERED IN OUR WARRANTY 7 YEAR?

I NOTICED THE LADDER IS IN ABOUT 1 FOOT SECTIONS WITH APPARENT ALLEN WRENCH SCREWS HOLDING EACH SECTION TOGETHER, SO I HOPE MOST OF IT IS FINE AND JUSAT THE BOTTOM PORTION THAT SNAPPED OFF WHILE BACKING UP CAN BE ADDED BACK ON ALONG WITH THE 2 SUPPORT PIECES ABOUT 8 INCHES LONG CONNECTED TO THE BACK SECTION?

WHAT CAN I DO, HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED TO ANY OF YOU? I FEEL MY BACKUP ABILITIES ARTE USUALLY PRETTY GOOD, BUT THE GRASS IS LITERALLY 12-18 INCHES LONG WITH THE WET WEATHER WE HAVE HAD AND CAUGHT THE LADDER HANGING LOWER BY THE BUMPER?

THANK YOU, Mike and Kathy Schroeder
Kalamazoo, MI.
Owners since December 2014
My driveway is relatively sloped in one section and I have not experienced any issues with the ladder while backing in or out of the driveway. The slope is about a four foot drop over about 8 to 10 feet in distance.

You should be able to look under the rear of the coach and see up into the end cap and see if any damaged was caused with the supports in the end cap.

Whether or not it would be a warranty or insurance issue would depend on if the dealer and Thor agree the supports or ladder were not correctly installed.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.