Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 12 VDC problems
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:52 PM   #1
Red_Stephens

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29M
State: South Carolina
THOR #8318
12 VDC problems

2017 Windsport 29M; I have no 12vdc power in the coach from the coach batteries. Even though plugged into shore power here at home (120vac), the batteries completely lost charge. I slow charged with my charger for about three hours, then started the genny and ran it for about three hours. If connected to shore power or if the generator is running, everything works as it should. The use/store switch by the step is in use mode, and I can hear a relay clicking when the switch is operated. Both circuit breakers in battery compartment are in proper position (test tripped, then reset). All 12vdc fuses in panel checked with VOM, all check good. With no load, batteries have 12.4 volts at terminals. There is an inline fuse, 30amp, approximately 1" square in the battery compartment; I don't know what this is for. What am I missing? Is there a reset of some sort that I'm missing on the converter?:
Red_Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum