Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
Jim Jacobs

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.2
State: Virginia
THOR #9819
Glad you found the information useful. I should probably also have mentioned that our Thor ACE 29.2 is a 2012 model, not actually "new", just "new" to us.

We've been in most states now, and have found cell signals can be very "spotty" even when traveling in areas that the carrier's maps say have good coverage. I suppose there could be multiple reasons for this. Once, while driving through Montana (unless it was S. Dakota), we were driving through "mountains" which had been reduced to the level of tall, rolling hills. Atop the hills for miles in all directions were huge wind generators, all spinning in the breeze. In that part of the country, where you can go for miles, if not hours, and see no people or houses, only cows and deer, cell coverage is poor at best, but on that occasion, we could see the signal strength go up and down on our phone, seemingly in sync with the spinning blades on the wind generators. Fortunately, we didn't need to make any calls, as I doubt it would have worked.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum