Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Elkhart, IN
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 10:02 PM   #19
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
The major difference between the RV and auto industry is automation. I'm not sure if it is even possible in the RV world but even if it could be done the cost would be huge and would require many years to recover the investment. Right now the demand is high but if oil prices go back to $90 per barrel and $4.00 gas you would see the demand drop like a rock. Thus their reluctance to make that kind of investment.

As long as consumers take their RV's back for the smallest annoyance because it is "under warranty" and THEY should fix it, the repair shops are going to be overwhelmed. Sure they should be perfect but nothing ever is.

To many people are entering the RV world with too high of expectations. That over taxes the shops (yes, even CW) for those that do have an issue that the consumer can not address.

I don't call the repair man to fix a leaky faucet in my house or to tighten a loose screw on a door hinge. Why do I expect the dealer to "fix" my motorhome, just because it's under warranty.

This forum is best used by those that want to fix their minor issues themselves. Not just to complain about how bad EVERYTHING is.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

Agree 100%! It would take a pretty significant failure to get me to take my machine back to a dealer. These are not rocket ships and most of the systems seem pretty straightforward to troubleshoot and repair. Also Thor has been very helpful with sending me parts. A side benefit of doing my own repairs is that I now have a pretty darn good understanding of how everything works. It’s not as intimidating as it once was.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum