Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:59 AM   #55
Porthole

Brand: DRV
Model: 2019 MS 39DBRS3
State: Delaware
THOR #9431
Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
Good system. I'm sure there's others, but you're the first that I've met that shares my views on good filtered water. Trailer Life printed an article last year from a noted filtration company and they discussed various filters. Primarily, the best system consisted of a sediment filter, charcoal filter, and a 12-stick ceramic candle stick filter, with gives near RO quality. I was so impressed with the article, I ordered and installed a system similar to the article. There was not room for the installation behind the door, so I was forced to mount it just outside; but, it is not nor has been in the way.
Perhaps my fourth "polishing filter" is a ceramic similar to yours.

Although I will use campground water, I always give it the sniff and taste test.
I have a wife and 2 dogs that can have 'sensitive' systems, so I don't like taking a chance on changing their water. Not so much a problem with the human as it is with two Golden Retrievers.

Since I don't have the trailer yet I'm not sure what I am going to do with my water.
I know what behind the door looks like and there is no room as you mentioned.

At the minimum I will probably remove the DRV installed single and install my double filter. I think there is enough room for that.

2019 DRV MS 39DBRS3
2020 F-450
Porthole is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum