Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 12:27 AM   #2833
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Did a little work today. I got tired of having my dash cam power wire running over the dash to a 12 vt supply. Also i have a booster for my tpms up front in the engine area. When i installed it i hooked it directly to the battery with a toggle switch to turn it off and on. I always forget to turn it on.

So today i rewired the booster bringing the wires up from the engine area, through the floor into the dash. I connected the tpms wires to the power ground of the camera monitor. I also added a 12 vt power plug under the dash to the same wire connection of the tpms and monitor.

Bought a new power suppky plug for the dash cam. Plugged this into the 12 vt supply plug. Run the other end out of the dash just in front of the windshield. Now all i need to do is take the camera out of my truck and plug it in.

The dash cam and tpms booster now only runs when the engine is running. No more forgetting to plug in and no mire wires over the dash. It also frees up a 12 vt plug at tge dash.

No pics taken but if anyone wants to see the new 12 vt supply i can easily post a pic.

Jerry

ps: livingroom sound bar going in this weekend and im looking at installing a swiveling tv mount to make it more comfortable to watch from the new comfortable recliners
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum