Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2018, 12:05 PM   #9
tinman01

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37 GT
State: North Carolina
THOR #7843
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi Don, I will be surprised if this CB5 reset does not fix your issue. You may also note from the BCC circuit/info on line that the charging current from the converter to the Coach battery passes through this CB5 cct breaker I think. So when its tripped you are not charging batteries either (unless your version BCC is different than mine). You might have some slight changes from my 2013 BCC. The interconnect relay that you can see in your picture connects the Coach and Chassis Battery together under certain charging or Aux start button conditions. I am sure you will find that on line FW221 BCC document very enlightening.....a missing link to a good portion of your electrical system.

I guess the other question (if resetting CB5 is your issue) is.....why did it trip?
The CB5 reset did the trick! As hard as I looked I didn't see that little button! LOL so thanks a lot for that schematic.

I just finished installing 400 watts of solar, and with connecting and disconnecting the batteries it is entirely possible I popped the reset when wiring the solar in, that is why I checked all the wiring 1000 times to make sure everything was done correctly, (it was). I will keep an eye on it just to make sure there is not a problem.

Thanks again for the help.
Don

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum