Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 08:42 PM   #1
ScoWall

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: New York
THOR #11281
Hello from new Aria 3401 owners

Hello all. We bought a new Aria 3401 in St. Augustine in mid-February. We've driven it a few thousand miles and now have it at our home in upstate NY. This is our fourth RV ever, all since 2014. We started with a 23' travel trailer with no slides, replaced in 2015 with a 26' TT with a slide (big improvement). Then, preparing for a two-month trip out west, we bought a 32' gas class A, which we kept for two years but the handling just got to be too much for me. Hopefully, our new diesel pusher will end our shopping.

Here are a few questions/problems we're having if anybody can help.

1. the DEF fill tank is almost impossible to access. Even using a fuel lane DEF fill nozzle at a Pilot/Flying J (man, I wish there were more of those), I can barely get the tip of the nozzle into the fill opening (which is at the very top of the compartment) and must therefore fill very slowly. Trying to fill from a 1 or 2 gallon jug of DEF is about out of the question.

2. honestly, the ride is a little harsher than I expected, moving up from a gas class A. Also, I can hear air hissing out of the air bags when we stop and the bags will deflate on their own within a rather short time, even with the suspension level kept forward on Auto. is this normal? I wonder if there's a problem that prevents the air bags from filling completely. When traveling the dash meters show about 120 psi.

3. what do you do to keep the bedroom TV pull-down door down when traveling? Ours is always popping up.

4. we also have a problem with the slide-out pantries crashing into the doors outside them when traveling.

Any advice/suggestions, etc. would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Scott
ScoWall is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.