Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 04:53 AM   #10
Gladinwj

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Compass 24TX
State: Kentucky
THOR #7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laco View Post
I have the Sprinter chassis as well, and that 14.1 or 14.2 volts you see reflects to some degree the state of your house batteries. I see mine at that same voltage sometimes even a 14.3 volts, while driving, but it always drops down into the mid to low 13 volts as the batteries charge up. Charging from the converter off shore power, I never see 14+ volts, the highest will be 13.7 or 13.8 volts, and drops to 13.2 or so as the batteries charge up.
I recently replaced both of my house batteries and no matter how long they are charged, once I'm drivng, and they are being charged by the alternator, the voltage never goes below 14.1.

I can be in a campground charging for days, but when i disconnect and drive, it will charge at 14.2-14.1 even if if I drive all day.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum