Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #63
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
The Fit RV finally published their test report on the new Winnebago Travato with the 48-Volt Lithium battery system provided by Volta. If anyone is really interested in state-of-the-art in this area, this article is a great read.

https://www.thefitrv.com/rv-reviews/...o-test-pilots/

Cost is no doubt very high, but the technology itself is essentially ready — just needs a few adjustments. At +/- $30k retail I feel it’s too expensive for me, but I guess it depends on what people want. Buyers pay that much for RV luxury items all the time already, so who knows if there will be much demand.

For what it’s worth, I happen to agree with James on many major points, including the fact that when you have large amounts of battery and alternator capacity, solar charging practically becomes pointless. This is particularly true for those of us who like smaller rigs because we move around a lot — like every day or two. When alternator can charge 30 times faster than solar, why even bother.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.