Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 01:36 AM   #30
Laco

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Just based on what my experience has been, seems to me the problems with absorption refrigerators are more limited to the bigger ones. In my former DP, the absorption refrigerator was a very large 4 door, had lots of trouble cooling when first turned on, and problems maintaining temps in very warm weather. On the Gemini, its a much smaller absorption refrigerator, which cools very quickly in comparison, refrigerator section stays at a pretty consistent 38 degrees, freezer at about -3 degrees. I have yet to run it on propane for any period of time, its wired to the inverter, so while driving its still running on 120 volts, alternator replacing what energy is used. If I am parked for any period of time with no shore power, I will switch it to LP, but for us that does not happen often. The need to be level does not seem to be a problem while driving, and since the Gemini has an auto-leveling system, its not a problem when parked either. We could probably get by with either the absorption, or a residential refrigerator, but frankly the currently installed absorption refrigerator is working just fine for us.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.