Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 12:43 AM   #2875
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
I guess a little more detail is needed about the tv mount.

I removed the factory mound from the back of the tv and the mating mount that is screwed into the angled wall mounted bracket. The wall mounted bracket is attached to the wall with 6 screws. The new mount is attached to the wall mount. This mount only uses 2 bolts or screws. I used bolts thinking they are stronger then self tapping screws. WHen mounting I found the center of the wall mount, drilled two 1/4 holes, and used 1/4 bolts and nuts with blue loctite.

After install I found I wasnt able to close and lock the tv. It hit the cabinet. SO bring out the drill again. THe next set of holes was drilled about 3/4" from the center holes. This worked great. It closes and locks fine without hitting the cabinet or the wall. Going over the 3/4" might cause the tv to hit the wall by the hallway area.

THis mount moves 180* Lf/rt and up and down a few degrees. It also pulls out 14" from the wall. THe lock only holds the mount to keep it from pulling away the 14" from the wall.

It does not stop the Lf/rt up/down movement. I dont think this will be any problem. There are a couple of tightening bolts that are already very tight that I can try to tighten more if it needs it but I dont think it will be a problem

Guess I should have taken a few more pics of each step but it was a very basic install.

With my 39" tv two people are a must only due to the size of the tv making it hard to reach around and install the the bolts attaching the tv bracket to the swivel bracket. THe stock 32" might be a single person job. BUt its more fun with a helper.

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.