Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 06:44 PM   #8
unw1red

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Arkansas
THOR #2017
We just got done with our second weekend. Dry camping this time in a parking lot. No issues, but some new things have been added to the warranty work list.

1. The plastic wall in the shower has a slight buckle at the bottom and is allowing moisture and/or water behind it. We are worried about mold and mildew.

2. The fascia board on the very back wall of the coach came off. It is at the top of the back wall and hides some wiring and insulation.

3. My driver front tire has a slow leak. Apparently this existed when we picked up the coach. I asked that they check the pressure at that time and they told me they added air to this tire then. Time to get it replaced or fixed.

4. The linoleum near the top of the entry stairs has a buckle in it. This is a minor problem but needs to be fixed while under warranty.

I am hoping that Camping World in Lowell won't have our RV more than us. We are embarking on a week long and then two week long trek starting in one week. I took it in last week for several fixes and they say they have to take pictures for warranty and then it takes three weeks to get parts if needed. Then you have to schedule to bring your coach back to get the repairs. This seems like an exorbitant amount of time to get warranty work done. Shouldn't the dealer have a small array of parts to fix some of these common issues?

I don't think our expectation of this NEW coach being road ready when we pick it up. Am I not being realistic?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum